Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Activity?  (Read 721 times)

randall_hs

Activity?
« on: October 03, 2017, 09:11:52 pm »
Just wondering how much development activity is ongoing and if anyone is actually using agocontrol in a house? I've not done much research at this point but I'm looking at agocontrol and Domoticz at the moment.

I'm looking for software to glue together various bits of hardware:
Asterisk
LogitechMediaServer/Squeezebox
HAI/Leviton Omni II security/automation panel for security, thermostats, hvac relays, upb lighting, cameras.

I've done a fair bit of c/c++ development in the past but I've not done much with python. No issues with getting my hands dirty.

JoakimL

Re: Activity?
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2018, 09:41:34 pm »
The activity is higher than it might seem. Forum activity is low, but partly because most urgent questions and requests occur in the IRC channels. Also, a reason why you don't see too much activity here, is due to the fact agocontrol is by now performing quite well for most needs. I seldom need to attend to my production system, it just runs perfectly day after day.
When it goes to number of installations, I cannot answer. Maybe Hari has some insights into number of downloads.

hari

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2018, 12:41:19 am »
We didn't look at the number of downloads yet. But as Joakim says, it's very stable and does cover most needs.

paul

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2018, 03:05:25 pm »
Hello,

do you actually have a development plan?

Milestones and Issues in git are not update since ages although we see commits on the development branch pushing breaking changes.

Can you tell us what you're working on?

BR, Paul

hari

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2019, 03:50:38 pm »
there is one major milestone that we're currently addressing: getting rid of QPID. While it's a very nice broker, it's not shipped with current distributions. So maintaining the build means a lot of effort. Thanks to jstrom's work we already got rid of the qpid datatypes in most parts of the code, replacing it with JSON structures. After that's been finalized and tested, we're going to replace the qpid messaging with MQTT (that's the plan at least so far). Stay tuned.